The Ocean City Beautification Committee presented their annual Beauty Spot Award to 20 award winners in eight separate categories on Monday. Nominations for the categories, which include residential, condominium, retail, hotel, motel, commercial, restaurant and Boardwalk, were submitted in June and judged based on plants, flowers, trees, shrubbery, grasses, design, layout, etc. that complement the property.
The winners of the 2012 Beauty Spot Award are as follows:
- Residential: The Sweeney’s – Anchor Chain Road,the Ellison’s – Laurel Avenue, the Himmler’s – 139th Street, the Tennant’s– 142nd Street and the Buckley’s – Biscayne Drive
- Condominium: The El Capitan, the Gullway Villas and Bonnie Belle
- Hotel: Holiday Inn Ocean Front, Howard Johnson Oceanfront Plaza and Castle in the Sand
- Commercial: Jolly Roger Amusement Park
- Restaurant: Layton’s Restaurant – 92nd Street, Angelo’s and OC Café
- Retail: Malibu’s Surf Shop
- Boardwalk: Coronet Apartments and the Martins
- Special Recognition: Terry and Sandy Pinsky and Thomas Park
Visit the Beautification Committee’s website at www.oceancitymd.gov/bc to learn more about the Ocean City Beautification Committee’s activities, events, helpful hints on gardening and tree care and to see past Beauty Spot winners and their gardens.