OCEAN CITY, MD – (September 8, 2017): Ocean City Emergency Services is closely monitoring the projected path of Hurricane Irma. The storm’s current track shows very little impact to the Ocean City area, however; Ocean City officials will continue to observe the hurricane and inform residents, businesses and property owners if the current forecast changes.
As always, the town remains committed to keeping residents and visitors informed with accurate information before, during and after significant weather events, including hurricanes and tropical storms. Citizens should subscribe to the e-news and/or follow the town’s social media channels for the most timely and factual information.
- Town of Ocean City eNews Alerts: subscribe to eNews by visiting the “City Wide Emergency Alerts” tab on the Town of Ocean City’s website at https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/city-hall/enews/
- Town of Ocean City Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownOfOceanCity
- Town of Ocean City Twitter: @townofoceancity
- Ocean City’s FM Radio Station 99.5
- Town of Ocean City Access Channels 4 & 15
The Town of Ocean City’s Emergency Services personnel works closely with local and state representatives to provide citizens with timely, accurate and essential information before, during and after the storm. Citizens are encouraged to Know Your Zone and Division. To begin preparing for the 2017 Hurricane Season, citizens should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. For more information regarding storm preparedness, please visit: http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes.