Town of Ocean City Monitoring Path of Tropical Storm Elsa
OCEAN CITY, MD – (July 7, 2021): The National Weather Service, Wakefield, has placed the Ocean City forecast area under a Tropical Storm Watch. Ocean City Emergency Services is monitoring the projected path of Tropical Storm Elsa. Currently, effects of the storm are expected to be in the Ocean City area beginning late Thursday, July 8.
The Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on various websites, social media outlets and through the Emergency Alert system. In an effort to keep citizens informed with the most updated and accurate information, the Town of Ocean City will be posting storm related information on the following outlets:
- City Wide Emergency Alerts: Citizens can sign up for emergency alerts by visiting: https://oceancitymd.gov/enews and subscribing to “City Wide Emergency Alerts.”
- Town of Ocean City Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownOfOceanCity
- Town of Ocean City Twitter: @townofoceancity
- Town of Ocean City website: www.oceancitymd.gov/knowyourzone
- FM Advisory Radio Station – 99.5
- Town of Ocean City Access Channels 4 & 15
The Town of Ocean City’s Emergency Services personnel will be working closely with local and state representatives to provide citizens with timely, accurate and essential information before, during and after the storm. Citizens are encouraged to Know Your Zone and Division and be prepared for any impact the storm may have on Ocean City. To begin preparing, citizens should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. For more information regarding storm preparedness, please visit: http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes.
Tropical Storm Elsa #1