Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum Offers FREE Summer Programs
Ocean City, Maryland (July 2, 2021): The Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum has set forth with their annual FREE Daily Summer Programs! From July 4th through August 28th, you can experience a different themed program Monday through Saturday at 10 am. Each program runs for approximately 30 minutes.
- Mondays: Step back in time to the 1800’s during Monday’s “History of our Surfman” program and learn how the United States Life-Saving Service rescued ships off the coast of Ocean City.
- Tuesdays: The “Beach Safety” program is given by the Ocean City Beach Patrol and highlights ways to stay safe in the surf! This program gives visitors of all ages the opportunity to learn semaphore, hop on an ATV, and ask any beach safety questions you may have!
- Wednesdays: The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary presents Wednesday’s “Knot Tying” program. This interactive program will teach you the ins and outs of nautical knot tying!
- Thursdays: The fan favorite “All About Sharks” program offers a close look at a Mako shark’s jaw and megalodon teeth as you learn why we need sharks in our oceans.
- Fridays: “Land Sky and Sea” program will have you channeling your inner naturalist skills as you learn about what birds fly overhead and what swims in the sea.
- Saturdays: “Aquarium Feeding” program gives you and your family the chance to discover the wildlife that inhabits our ocean and coastal bays as you watch our aquarium animals eat their morning meal.
For more information about the Ocean City Life Saving Station or our free summer programs, please visit our website at www.ocmuseum.org.