Ocean City’s Green Team Survey For 3-Year Action Plan
Ocean City, MD – (June 8, 2022): Ocean City’s Coastal Resources Legislative committee, also known as the Green Team, released a survey for both residents and visitors to gauge the community’s environmental interests, behaviors, and needs. The survey is complete and the link below will take you to the results.
The purpose of the survey was to aid the Green Team in developing a 3-year action plan and to insure the community interests are included in developing the plan. The goal is to ensure the wants of the community are addressed. This also helps Ocean City become Sustainable Maryland Certified, which helps the town and its members save money, protect the environment, and be recognized for their environmentally friendly actions.
The results of the survey are found on the link below. We have included in the Sustainable Maryland Application the following action as a result of the survey.
- Continue the plant grant program, pollinator and beach plants
- Start a residential composting education program with workshops and rebates
- Continue to support the commercial composting program
- Install more bottle refill stations and have a reusable water bottle outreach campaign
- Support the Green School initiatives
- Support for more Business in the Green Business Certification
- Continue to facility and support clean up effort with community and organizations
- Develop a Reduce Reuse and Rethink education program and keep current with the state of the recycling industry
- Continue the Green Team Message of the Month
- Maintain focus on the cigarette litter campaign