OC FIRE DEPARTMENT LIVE-IN PROGRAM
Are you a beach lover? Adrenaline junkie? Passionate about Firefighting? A student on the Eastern Shore? If you’re looking for a way to save money, live for FREE at the beach, gain experience and create friendships that will last a lifetime, then becoming a live-in with the Ocean City Fire Department may be for you.
Located within a short commute to several colleges and universities, Ocean City provides members with a unique opportunity of having a free place to live in exchange for service as a volunteer firefighter. Participants of the program gain unmatched experience in the fire/ems field with a fast-paced emergency services environment. Steps from the beach and Boardwalk, Ocean City Fire Department live-in program offers rent free housing with a view from three fire stations.
Requirements to be accepted into the program include Firefighter I and the ability to pass a thorough background check and physical examination performed by the Ocean City Fire Department. Additional training opportunities are available.
READY TO LIVE AT THE BEACH FOR FREE?
- FREE Housing at the Beach
- FREE Training
- Experience – Gain unparalleled experience in Maryland’s second largest city during the summer season.
- Comradery – Make life-long friendships
- Internet and Computers Access
- Free Uniforms
- Tax Break – $3,500 Maryland state tax break after 3 years
- Fitness Equipment Access
- Location – .5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and Ocean City beach and Boardwalk
- Members wishing to become a live-in must submit a complete application and background check, as well as letter to the Fire Chief who will approve or deny the request and assign the member to a station.
- Members must be 18 or older.
- Participants must be members of the Volunteer Fire Department and complete the required training before (or upon) being accepted into the program.
- Live-in members are required to perform two extra shifts per week in addition to their regular weekly shift.
- Live-in members must be enrolled in school or employed full time.
LOCAL COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
- Wor-Wic Community College
- Salisbury University
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
- Delaware Technical Community College
- University of Wilmington
- Chesapeake College
OCEAN CITY, MARYLAND
Ocean City is an Atlantic resort town located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Widely known in the Mid-Atlantic region as a frequent vacation destination, Ocean City’s population changes with the season. With approximately 8,000 year round residents, Ocean City hosts 50,000 to 350,000 visitors depending on the time of year. The ten mile beach town becomes the second most populated town in Maryland during the summer, averaging up to 8 million visitors annually. For more information, visit: ococean.com.
TRAINING & SPECIAL UNITS
Fire Boat Unit: