Building permit applications involving the repair and/or replacement of any shared egress,
MUST BE APPROVED by the Fire Marshal’s Office PRIOR TO THE START OF ANY DEMO.
The final building permit WILL NOT be issued until all of the proper documentation is received and a plan has been set with the Fire Marshal.
Any homeowner acting as their own contractor are required to complete and attach the following document with their building permit application.
ALL PERMIT SUBMISSIONS ARE DIGITAL
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PAPER APPLICATIONS
- Download the Fillable Online Application: You must save the form prior to filling out.
- Once application is completed, email directly to [email protected]
- Be specific. If information is missing application may be rejected.
- Must include: The correct 911 address of the property
- Full scope of work: More info is always better
- Correct valuation of the job/work do be done
- Your email and phone number are required
- All applications REQUIRE PLANS OR DRAWINGS. Please attach plans and necessary information with your application in .pdf format. If not received at time of submittal, application will be rejected.
- Large plans/files may be submitted through Dropbox
- Permits are processed in the order received.
- Once your application is received and processed a permit number is created and you will be notified by email. At that time, you can pay the permit fee online.
- The review process time will vary depending on the application type.
- Your application will immediately be REJECTED if insufficient information is not provided; including a site plan and construction plans.
- The permit will be issued when the review is approved by all agencies. The permit and stamped approved plans will be emailed directly to you.
- The applicant/contractor is required to print off a copy of the permit and plans to be kept on the jobsite. Failure do so at time of inspection, may result in inspection being cancelled.
- If at any time you have questions, we are here to help. 410-289-8855
DOWNLOAD PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE
Permits will be issued 2-4 weeks on average after submission is confirmed.