The National Weather Service In Wakefield Has Extended The * Flood Warning For Small Streams In... Southwestern Worcester County In Southeastern Maryland... * Until 515 Am Edt Monday * At 503 Pm Edt, The River Gauge Along The Pocomoke River Near Willards Reported A Stage Of 12.9 Feet And Slowly Falling. The ...Read More.
Effective: May 20, 2018 at 10:00pmExpires: May 21, 2018 at 9:00amTarget Area: Worcester
Bicycles are vehicles and cyclists must obey traffic laws. Below are some helpful tips to keep you safe while riding your bike in Ocean City:
- Stop at all red lights and stop signs.
- Ride in the direction of traffic on the road:
- When going north, ride on the northbound side
- When going south, ride on the southbound side
- Do not ride on a sidewalk – it is illegal and dangerous
- Ride sober – don’t ride a bicycle while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Avoid distractions and pay attention – don’t carry anything that prevents you from keeping both hands on the handlebars. Don’t use mobile devices or wear earbuds.
- Your bike must have lights after dark: white in front; red in back.
- Don’t allow anyone to ride on the handlebars … one person per seat.
Ocean City welcomes our J1, International Student Workforce! If you are a Student Worker, please follow Maryland’s rules of the road when walking and biking in Ocean City. If you are an employer, please remind Student Workers to be safe and follow Ocean City’s walking and biking tips. We want everyone to make it home safely, each day.
Learn more by downloading our Bike Tip Card here. (Coming Soon)