When riding a bicycle in Ocean City, here are a few tips …
When riding a bicycle, you are considered a vehicle and must obey traffic laws. Below are some helpful tips to keep you safe while riding your bike in Ocean City:
- You MUST stop at all red lights and stop signs
- Ride in the direction of traffic on the road:
- When going north, ride on the northbound side
- When going south, ride on the southbound side
- You MAY NOT ride on a sidewalk – it is illegal and dangerous
- Ride sober – You MAY NOT ride a bicycle while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Avoid distractions and pay attention – You MAY NOT carry anything that prevents you from keeping both hands on the handlebars and you MAY NOT wear a headset or earplugs that cover both ears.
- You MUST use a lamp when riding after dark
- You MAY NOT allow someone to ride on the handlebars … one person per seat
- A lamp is REQUIRED on the front of a bicycle when people and vehicles are not clearly visible at 1,000 feet
- A red reflector is REQUIRED on the rear of the bicycle when people and vehicles are not clearly visible at 1,000 feet
BE CAREFUL AND USE CAUTION WHEN OPERATING
A BICYCLE IN OCEAN CITY!!!!