There are many great places to walk in Ocean City. No matter where you walk, you must follow the rules and signals. Never walk or run out in the middle of Coastal Highway or any other roadway. Always Walk Smart and remember these tips:
- Press the crosswalk button.
- Always cross at and within marked crosswalks.
- Look, pay attention, then cross.
- Follow all traffic signal signs and lane markings.
- Use the sidewalk – do not cross in the street.
- Wear light-colored or reflective clothing so drivers see you.
- Make eye contact with drivers.
The fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down in Ocean City! Many visitors enjoy the town’s nightlife. When you’re out and about at night, remember to stay on the sidewalks and continue to use the crosswalks. Be sure to stay visible to drivers and wear light or reflective clothing. Don’t cut across parking lots to save a few steps.