The Walk Smart! Mascot, Crab the Lifeguard, imparts the importance of roadway basics and personal responsibility. The “Save Yourself!” message conveys the personal responsibility each visitor has to use crosswalks, follow signals and exercise general street smarts.
Save Yourself! With these key tips:
- Cross at and within marked crosswalks.
- Look, pay attention, then cross.
- Follow all traffic signals signs and marking.
- Use the sidewalk – do not cross in the street.
- Wear light-colored or reflective clothing at night so drivers can SEE you.